In this workshop participants will learn to practice the skill of nonverbal awareness; the ability to notice and understand the nonverbal cues others give in their facial expressions, posture, bearing and gestures. Understanding this information is critical to awareness of the mind body connection. This skill is essential for developing attunement and sensitivity in all types of relationships. Participants will also learn about their own nonverbal cues.
What to expect
The workshop is held in a private residence in a quiet neighborhood and is taught by Hakomi certified teachers. A series of short presentations alternates with exercises (done solo, one-on-one or as a group) and are offered in a step-by-step format, allowing plenty of time to take in the material.
What to bring
- A notebook and pen (if you like to take notes.)
- A sack lunch (unless you prefer to go out for lunch.) The lunch break is 1 ½ hours.
What you’ll take with you
- An increased awareness of nonverbal cues in relationship and the potential for meaningful connection.
- An increased ability to understand and experience compassion for yourself and others.
- Tuition for weekend workshops is $195.00 ($220.00 after the early registration deadline which is two weeks prior to the workshop).