Participants learn the value and practice of loving presence: a quality of being which allows you to fully attend to another person with compassion and gentle curiosity in a way that is nourishing to both. The format of the workshop allows time to learn and practice this specialized method of listening that leaves both speaker and listener feeling comforted, refreshed and understood.
What to expect
The workshop is held in a private residence in a quiet neighborhood and is taught by Hakomi certified teachers.
A series of short presentations alternates with exercises (done solo, one-on-one or as a group) and are offered in a step-by-step format, allowing plenty of time to take in the material.
What to bring
- A notebook and pen (if you like to take notes.)
- A sack lunch (unless you prefer to go out for lunch.) The lunch break is 1 ½ hours.
What you’ll take with you
- A renewed sense of connection with other people.
- A tool that makes each moment more fulfilling.
- A valuable practice for reducing “compassion fatigue”
- Tuition for weekend workshops is $195.00 ($220.00 after the early registration deadline which is two weeks prior to the workshop).